Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer Workflow Automation without Alteryx server

shparimi
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently using Alteryx designer workflow locally (don't have a server yet) - the workflow needs to be run monthly/quarterly, I was thinking if there's a way to automate the "Execution/Run" of the workflow by any python script/RSConnect?

What Exactly do I want to achieve? - Without clicking/opening the yxmd file, if by running a script, the workflow gets executed.

Any idea is appreciated! Thanks again.

5 REPLIES 5
dougperez
12 - Quasar

You can write a Python code to automate the clicks or the key press (like ctrl+r to run workflows) but i don't think that's a good way to automate workflows, in the past we had a automate licence to do this trick via batch file.
The best solution is use the alteryx server.

shparimi
5 - Atom

Hi Doug, Thanks for the input. This is helpful. There were scheduler nodes in Alteryx earlier which I cannot find anymore.

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Alteryx is not selling automation/scheduler outside alteryx server products anymore

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

I have several Alteryx workflows that need to be run on a weekly basis.  As a workaround without a scheduler licence, I use the CReW ListRunner macro.  I still need to open and run one workflow every week, but it then runs 23 separate workflows for me.

This might not help in your situation, but it's worth knowing about!

shparimi
5 - Atom

Thanks much Christina for this workaround. Something that I would be implementing with nested workflows. Much appreciated :)

Labels