Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer Scheduler issue

sathyar
8 - Asteroid

I have scheduled the workflows in VM Alteryx designer scheduler facing issue while running it. Error message was “Error transferring the data .Couldn’t resolve the host name” this is happening in download tool. API unable to hit the URL and fetch the data. But I can able to run the workflow in the vm and the issue is only while we schedule in Designer Scheduler.

Please drop the suggestion to check for the proxy setting in Designer Scheduler.

Please let me know if you need more info from my end.

5 REPLIES 5
Manoj_k
9 - Comet

Hi saw this particular error at one of the client, they had some firewall issue meanwhile if you want to check the proxy setting the steps are mentioned below:

1. Accessing Designer Scheduler Properties:

• Open "Alteryx Designer Scheduler."
  • Go to "Tools" -> "Options" or click the gear icon in the top right corner.
  • Select "Scheduler" from the left panel.

2. Checking Proxy Settings:

• In the "Scheduler" options, look for a section titled "Proxy Settings."
  • Check if the "Use System Proxy Settings" is enabled. This uses the proxy settings already configured on your system.
  • If the above option is disabled, you might need to manually configure the proxy settings. This includes:
    • Proxy Server: Enter the address of the proxy server.
    • Port: Specify the port number used by the proxy server.
    • Username (optional): If your proxy requires authentication, enter your username.
    • Password (optional): If your username requires a password, enter it here
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I mean there's also the entire issue that the Scheduler license specifically says you can't run it on a VM....

sathyar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Manoj_k 

Could you please tell is Alteryx designer scheduler is an application , because i am using scheduler inside the designer. Please have a look on the snap attached .

And mention also where need to add the proxy settings .

Manoj_k
9 - Comet

Hi @sathyar the scheduler is in-built functionality of the designer and enabling the proxy settings of designer will solve your case. 

sathyar
8 - Asteroid

I have configured the proxy settings and added proxy address , user name and password . But still failing .

@Manoj_k  please drop a suggestion 

Labels