Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer Issue

DJANEKE
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there, I have downloaded and started using the Alteryx Designer recently.

I am doing the tutorial and it seems t be stuck by the 'Configure The Tool' step.

The Name and Order column does not respond or give any options, please help.

I attached a screenshot,

Many thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I see you have an Input Data tool in the previous step. 

In order for the Sort tool to know which fields are available to sort on, data must be coming in from the previous tool. If your Input Data tool is already pointing to a file, click the Run button to execute the workflow and bring the data through the Input Data tool. Then the Sort tool will be able to give you choices for which field to sort on and whether to sort Ascending or Descending.

A great way to get started with Alteryx is the Interactive lessons in the Academy section on the left here in the Community.

Happy Alteryxing!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @DJANEKE , as per your screenshot you need to select UserId field in the name and order descending. Please refer to the screenshot for more clearer view.

grazitti_sapna_0-1590992785033.png

Sapna Gupta
DJANEKE
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

thank you for responding.

The issue I am having is with an interactive tutorial. I am following the step by step instructions exactly, but I'm still stuck.

I tried pressing the Run button after I uploaded the data, but since it's a tutorial it does not allow me to do anything outside of the steps given.

I also tried a tutorial from the Academy section that you suggested, I haven't gotten any solution from there either. 

Maybe you have more advice, please?

Thank you,

Daphne

DJANEKE
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

Thank you for responding.

I do not get any options at all in the configuration block. I don't know if perhaps the Alteryx Designer was not installed properly?

If you look at my screenshot you will see there are no options, even when I press the dropdown icon. It is completely unresponsive.

Thanks,

Daphne

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @DJANEKE , could you please send this workflow or could you guide me from where can I access it to check if I can help you to resolve this issue??

Sapna Gupta
DJANEKE
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

It does not allow me to share the workflow, because it gives me a pop-up that says "Leaving so soon? you clicked away from the tutorial, would you like to explore on your own?"

Daphne

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @DJANEKE , i asked as I am not able to find the same thing in my alteryx designer. Did you walk into the tutorials from here?

grazitti_sapna_0-1591006374477.png

Also, did you try clicking on these buttons as pointed in the screenshot?
Screenshot 2020-05-29 15.55.57.png

Sapna Gupta
DJANEKE
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I solved the issue! As it turns out, the only problem I had was forgetting to activate Alteryx. And that is why some functions were blocked. I appreciate your assistance sincerely.

Have a good day,

Daphne

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @DJANEKE , always happy to help, glad you were able to resolve this and I got to learn something new as well.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Labels