Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Date MMDDYYYY

rjesus1925
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm new in Alteryx and I'm trying to figure out how to convert the date mm/dd/yyyy format to an Alteryx accepted format since result will always appear as "NULL" even after I change Type to Date.  Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan Esmalin

5 REPLIES 5
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

You can use the DateTime tools under the Parse tool category. Or you can use the conversion function DateTimeParse() to convert.

DATETIMEPARSE([STR-DATE], '%m/%d/%Y')
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rjesus1925 you will need to use the Datetime tool or a formula tool using the Datetimeparse formula with both of these tools you need specify the format of your dates in order to parse correctly.

Datetimeparse_05092023.JPG

rjesus1925
5 - Atom

I appreciate all the help however I encountered another issue along the way.  I wanted to convert the date (yyyy-mm-dd)into month using mm-yyyy format to match the other file that I will need to merge/combine.  Tried some research and got no luck.  I hope someone can help ^_^

rjesus1925
5 - Atom

Kindly ignore as I already found the solution...  ^_^

dwstada
10 - Fireball

check out this link for anything datetime related DateTime Functions (alteryx.com)

to get a mm-yyyy format, you will need to select in the DateTime tool "Date/Time format to string", select a custom format and type MM-yyyy.

in a formula tool you would need the formula "DateTimeFormat([Fieldwithdate],"%m-%Y")"

Labels