Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Date MMDDYYYY

rjesus1925
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm new in Alteryx and I'm trying to figure out how to convert the date mm/dd/yyyy format to an Alteryx accepted format since result will always appear as "NULL" even after I change Type to Date.  Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan Esmalin

5 REPLIES 5
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

You can use the DateTime tools under the Parse tool category. Or you can use the conversion function DateTimeParse() to convert.

DATETIMEPARSE([STR-DATE], '%m/%d/%Y')
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rjesus1925 you will need to use the Datetime tool or a formula tool using the Datetimeparse formula with both of these tools you need specify the format of your dates in order to parse correctly.

Datetimeparse_05092023.JPG

rjesus1925
5 - Atom

I appreciate all the help however I encountered another issue along the way.  I wanted to convert the date (yyyy-mm-dd)into month using mm-yyyy format to match the other file that I will need to merge/combine.  Tried some research and got no luck.  I hope someone can help ^_^

rjesus1925
5 - Atom

Kindly ignore as I already found the solution...  ^_^

dwstada
10 - Fireball

check out this link for anything datetime related DateTime Functions (alteryx.com)

to get a mm-yyyy format, you will need to select in the DateTime tool "Date/Time format to string", select a custom format and type MM-yyyy.

in a formula tool you would need the formula "DateTimeFormat([Fieldwithdate],"%m-%Y")"

Labels