Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Apps - prompt user for input and return error message if value not in picklist

hjiang1217
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there, I've been wondering about how to show an error message and stop the process if a user entered value is not part of picklist - for example, attached workflow prompts user to enter a Name, if that Name is not part of the 7 Name, Alteryx should pop up an error message like "Invalid Name". I'd like to avoid chained apps if possible, and in reality that Name picklist has a lot of values so ask user to select from dropdown is not ideal. Many thanks!!

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @hjiang1217 

You can count the rows after filtering and then generate an error message if the count is 0.

analytic_app3.gif

hjiang1217
6 - Meteoroid

this is genius!! thank you!!!

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@hjiang1217 you are welcome. Please accept my answer as a solution so the topic can be considered closed.

Thanks.

Labels