Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding thousand separator while keeping the field as numeric

binnursev
7 - Meteor

Hello community, 

I have a dataset and in my output I want to see the thousand separators while keeping them numeric. In Alteryx, I was able to get the thousand separator through making it to a string but when I tried to convert it back to Numeric then I get conversion errors. Is there any way to do it? 

Thanks a lot!! 

5 REPLIES 5
L_T
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binnursev,

Please see below where you can change settings - if your field is numeric, the button in the bottom right corner should work.

L_T_0-1629446336083.png

binnursev
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot for your response. When I go to User Settings, I don't get the option to change the Number settings. Is there another way, like a formula to use?

Best regards

Binnur

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @binnursev 

The option that @L_T  mentioned is only available in newer versions of Alteryx.  Since you seems to be on an older version, there's no way to have the thousands separator without converting the entire column to String.  What's your final goal?  Why do you need the separators?

Dan 

binnursev
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot for your response. Because the values are very long and it is not easy to read without separators. For now I will keep them as strings. 

Best regards

Binnur 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @binnursev 

If you need convert the strings back to numbers remember to remove the separators before hand.  Use something like Replace([field],",","")

Dan

Labels