Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Add a tag in a new column for potivie values that do not have a negative counterpart

Diemm
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys,

I'm trying to configure my workflow to add a tag indicating "match" in a new column to those positive values that have a negative counterpart value located in the same data table, so the idea is to leave all the records (rows) empty in the new column that do not have the counterpart (it could be one or more record to the extent that those do not have a counterpart).

I was trying to use like groups for this, and also converted the negative values to absolute values so i can sort my values, but i couldn't find the answer yet to this,

I'll leave a picture of what i need to do below.

Hope you can help me with this.

Ejemplo match .png

8 REPLIES 8
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

I created a Match flag for records where the absolute value of "Total" equals the value in "Absolute". Is this what you're looking for? 

Flag.PNG

Diemm
8 - Asteroid

No,

Maybe the picture was not clear but what i need is to make a match between all the records in the data table and add the tag to those values that have a positive and negative counterpart, take as a reference the column "total quantity", and if one record does not have a match, then leave the new column in blank. (considering that i have 11 records in this example) 

Ejemplo match 2 .png

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@Diemm What is the difference between line 5 and line 6 that line 6 would not be flagged as "Match"?

Diemm
8 - Asteroid

There is no difference i use that as a example, but it doesn't matter which of the records are tagged, only need to leave one of those values that do not have a counterpart without the tag.

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@Diemm I was asking because I don't understand your question. You're using that screenshot of data as an example, but because there's no difference between those lines, I can't figure out the logic behind what you want to do. If you could please show me a sample of data where there's a clear difference between matched and not matched, then I can figure out the logic. Right now, it looks like all the same data, but just one record is not matched. But why?

dwstada
10 - Fireball

just add your absolute column to your total column and if the sum is 0 then you have a match, otherwise you don't?

Diemm
8 - Asteroid

I did that to tag the ones that result in a 0, i added the sum tool and if the sum of those values is 0, then filter those and add the tag match, but the problem is with the ones that do not result in 0 where i need to figure out how to solve the matching problem.

Diemm
8 - Asteroid

@Prometheus 

I do not have anything to match based on a difference in other columns, that's all that i have, so no truly a logic on this work besides that i need to tag those that do not have a counterpart resulting in a 0, so i could find, like in this case, the same number several times in positive or negative and only need to do the matching and include the tag to leave the non-matching values in my data

Labels