Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Access DB Connection Failure

kylie_k
5 - Atom

Hello!

I am working on a project and trying to connect to an Access Database to pull information into Alteryx. I have successfully queried to the table in the past, but more often than not, I get the error below.

I do not have the file open on my machine but it is possible that someone else in my client's organization does have it open (not sure how I would identify who). Does anyone have advice on how to resolve this issue? We are creating a copy of the db for development but that is not a reasonable long term solution.

Error: Input Data (105): Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not use '(unknown)'; file already in use.[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

3 REPLIES 3
srp_duvvuri
5 - Atom

Were you able to resolve the error? Can you share the solution please?

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

This usually occurs if you dont have the ODBC driver and Access Database engine installed.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

srp_duvvuri
5 - Atom

That was initial thought. I installed it, restarted my machine and still facing same error. Can you share any screen shots of how you connected? I'm not sure if making any mistake in configuring the connection.

Labels