Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

2023.2 Errors from comments at beginning of SQL queries

pbibler
6 - Meteoroid

We are getting errors like "Error - ToolId 46: Error opening "SELECT * FROM --EPIC ACE PLACEMENT DETAIL" when running queries that have a comment before a Select statement.  These ran fine under 2023.1.  Anyone seeing these?

Picture1.png

7 REPLIES 7
Raj
15 - Aurora

Temporarily removing the comment before the SELECT statement could serve as a quick workaround to check if the query executes without errors. Though it might not be the most convenient solution, it could provide immediate relief until a more permanent resolution is implemented.

pbibler
6 - Meteoroid

It does work when the comment is removed, but we're not looking forward to going through a lot of workflows.  Thanks!

Raj
15 - Aurora

@pbibler please mark it done if your problem is solved.
or you can add if you are looking for anything else.

pbibler
6 - Meteoroid

I was hoping to understand if anyone had seen this and had a solution other than modifying every query like this.

pbibler
6 - Meteoroid

Looks like this is part of the patch coming out in March

DataZeta
5 - Atom

I'm also experiencing this after an upgrade to 2023.2 today. Do we know if there will definitely be a patch coming soon? I may roll back to 2023.1 and wait until the patched version is released rather than trawl through all of my workflows to "fix" the problem.  

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Downgrade. It's the easiest way to fix this.

Labels