Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

do we have any feature to create temp in trifacta. I want to make one temp table which will store current month details. I want to do it in dynamic way as don't want any physical table reference here, which needs to update every month.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

12 REPLIES 12
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi, Jayank---

A couple of questions here:

* What are the details that you are trying to store? Can you provide a schema or example of this temp table?

* How is this table updated each month? Is there a source of data? Or are you planning to generate this table on the fly through a recipe?

* Which edition and version of the product are you using? Enterprise? What version?

Cheers,

-SteveO

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Steve,

I am using below query in MSSQL Server 2012

-------------------------------------------------------

;WITH mycte AS

(

SELECT getdate() as DateValue

UNION ALL

SELECT DateValue + 1

FROM mycte

WHERE DateValue < EOM(getdate())

)

select * into #cur_monthDetails from cte;

Query details:

Its a dynamic query as for date I am using getdate() function, which give current date.

In WITH window I am making current calendar for current date to last date of the month and then storing the result set in on temp table ( #cur_monthDetails ).  kkjk

This is all I am doing in MSSQL 2012, is this possible in Trifacta. I am not sure, may be with Create dataset with SQL feature.

Hope I am able to answer all your questions.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi, Jayank--

Yes, this should be possible by creating a dataset with custom SQL. You must enable the multi-line statement option.

You should be able to perform any SQL statements in a multi-line query, as long as the final statement is a SELECT. Please be careful in composing your custom SQL.

What version of the product are you using? I can provide some doc references for you.

Cheers,

-SteveO

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks SteveO, I am using 4.2.1 Trifacta version.

link I am using https://trifacta-eits.bankofamerica.com/flows

~JK?

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks, Jayank.

Here's the doc to enable this feature. Remember to login to the documentation through the application. From the menu, select ? menu > Product Docs.

For your use case, you must enable multi-line statements.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Multi-line statements effectively allow you to write back to the database. Please verify that this is ok and use the feature with caution.

https://docs.trifacta.com/display/r042/Enable+Custom+SQL+Query

User doc: https://docs.trifacta.com/display/r042/Enable+Custom+SQL+Query

Does that help?

Cheers,

-SteveO

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi SteveO,

I am not able to login above link, showing incorrect credentials. and what is application.

Please share details process to access doc

~JK

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You must login to the Trifacta application first. Then, you select from the menu bar ? > Product Docs. Then, you should be able to access that URL.

If not, then please provide the build number from the About Trifacta screen.

Cheers,

-SteveO

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

that's I am asking, how to access the application.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

please share procedure to access the application., its urgent requirement