Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Getting data from OData connector

zbhayat
Atom

Hello,

I want to get data for some transformations. The database I am using is niche but has OData capabilities. What would be the best way for me to connect to that data in Alteryx?

Thanks

2 ANTWORTEN 2
awrangler
Alteryx
Alteryx

@zbhayat You may be able to create a connection via a HTTP Task in Plans using the GET method to bring in data from OData. Here is a helpful document, Create HTTP Task, on how to configure that task. Hope that helps!

Hello @zbhayat,
Check if your database provider offers a dedicated ODBC driver for OData. This driver allows you to connect to OData services using the ODBC standard.
In Alteryx, navigate to the Input tool and select "Data sources" -> "Generic connection" -> "ODBC."
Choose the ODBC Data Source Name (DSN) you configured for the OData driver and establish the connection.
If your database provider doesn't offer a specific OData driver, consider using the CData OData Driver. This is a third-party driver that translates OData calls into SQL queries.
Configure the CData driver to connect to your specific OData service.
In Alteryx, follow the same steps as method 1, but select the DSN created for the CData OData Driver.
This method is less robust but might work for simple cases. You can use the Download tool in Alteryx to directly fetch data from the OData endpoint URL. ny state of health
However, this approach can be cumbersome for complex data structures or ongoing data refreshes.