Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

ACEs (24).png

Today’s ACE spotlight is @FreeRangeDingo! Keep reading to learn more about Julie and what makes her a unique Alteryx super user.

Tell us a bit about your professional background. 

I've worked in a variety of data-oriented functions in the oil and gas space for 20 years - business analysis, data governance, data quality control, visualization, data analytics, data engineering, robotic process automation, and even building spreadsheets. 

What is your favorite Alteryx tool, and why? 

The Auto Field tool is my favorite because most people don't know about it, and it is incredibly helpful for reducing the size of large data sets.

What has been your favorite Alteryx project? 

It was so important and secret that I can't talk about it. It was the biggest Alteryx project my company had ever built. It was business-critical and an analysis that we know none of our peers are doing. 

What is your favorite Alteryx memory? 

My favorite Alteryx memory is getting a LinkedIn message from @MarqueeCrew, the creator of CReW macros, that said something like: “Hey, I read your work. I saw your last post, and while you aren't wrong, let me show you something really cool.”

He showed me how the dynamic input tool would basically do the same thing as the batch macro I created, and it was much easier. And that's just generally how Mark is—he's super helpful. He'll occasionally reach out to me to show me things that add value to examples that I write about.

What advice do you have for new community members?

ACEs want to help you. Don't hesitate to reach out to us directly through Community messages or LinkedIn.

What is your favorite way to engage as an ACE? Also, what area of the online community do you spend the most time in?

I love blogging because it allows me to show the details of how I build things, including pitfalls and other things I tried. It's hard to get that kind of detail, complexity, and thoroughness out of Community. I have my own blog called Big Mountain Analytics, and I also blog on the Community.

I’ve started making videos as well!

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know? 

I am a certified mountain bike coach. I’ve been mountain biking for ten or so years!

MeganDibble_0-1663706120308.png

Silly question... if you were a kitchen appliance/utensil, what would you be and why? 

I want to be a cookie sheet because… nom, nom, nom. 

What does your username Free Range Dingo mean?

It’s a reference to my dog—here are some pictures of him:

MeganDibble_1-1663706162247.png    MeganDibble_2-1663706176835.png

Ok, now finally, let’s do a quick “This or That” to get to know your Alteryx preferences!

This or That Alteryx Edition (Instagram Story) (36).png

Tune in next week to meet another amazing ACE!

Want to learn more about what ACEs do and how to become one? Check out this page to see details about the program.

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments