Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganBowers
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

ACEs (26).png

Today’s ACE spotlight is @JagdeeshN. Keep reading to learn more about Jagdeesh and what makes him a unique Alteryx super user!

Tell us a bit about your professional background.

I’ve been empowering others using Alteryx for the past eight years now, mainly for Federal or Not for Profit clients. I am passionate about being on the data “roller coaster,” right from its inception all the way up to its interpretation. I aspire to consistently enable clients to view and use Alteryx not just as a toolset but as an orchestration platform that can enable process automation, data transformation, advanced analytics, and reporting in a fast-paced environment.

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know? 

I can speak a total of 9 languages (mostly different languages from India) and cook around nine different cuisines—all from India!

MeganDibble_1-1665502519067.png  MeganDibble_2-1665502526387.png

What is your favorite Alteryx tool, and why? 

The output data tool. It completes my journey toward a solution and adds value (most of the time at least).

What has been your favorite Alteryx project? 

Using Alteryx as an Orchestration Platform at the Federal Reserve. It was like conducting an opera through Alteryx.

I also had a chance to co-author a book on Alteryx back in 2016 with Abhilash Ramanathan (@AbhilashR).

What is your favorite Alteryx memory? 

The memory that comes to mind is a general situation—the lightbulb moment I see in people when they start understanding Alteryx. Initially, whenever anyone sees the tool and the workflows built on it, they just see it as spaghetti, right? Because there are many tools and connections. But once they get their hands on the toolset, they automate some tasks they had been doing every day for the past two or three years with just a few clicks. Watching this happen never gets old!

What advice do you have for new community members?

The best way to learn Alteryx is by solving. “Thrill for Solving” is the by-product of learning Alteryx and can be very empowering. I had to learn Alteryx on the spot—I was sitting in front of a client manager, and within a week, I had to learn the tool and implement a solution. So the only way for me to survive in that place was to go into each tool and explore. There are so many resources and examples out there that you can draw inspiration from.

Once I finished that project, I think what took me to the next level as far as my Alteryx skill set is concerned is I started identifying things within my day-to-day life that I could automate. For example, I used the predictive tools to build a worklow that helped me identify the neighborhood I should choose when I was in the process of moving.

What is your favorite way to engage as an ACE? Also, what area of the online community do you spend the most time in?

Working with SparkED and Alteryx for Good are my favorite ways of adding value as an ACE. The Designer discussion forum is where I spend most of my time.

Silly question... if you were a kitchen appliance/utensil, what would you be and why? 

A Wok! Just because of the swag of how a wok cooks food and the multiple cuisines that can be made!

Ok, now finally, let’s do a quick “This or That” to get to know your Alteryx preferences!

This or That Alteryx Edition (Instagram Story) (39) (1).png

Tune in next week to meet another amazing ACE!

Want to learn more about what ACEs do and how to become one? Check out this page to see details about the program.

Megan Bowers
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.