Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

ACEs (31).png

Today’s ACE spotlight is @Ladarthure! Keep reading to learn more about Arthur and what makes him a unique Alteryx super user.

Tell us a bit about your professional background.

I came from the banking industry and specialized in reporting using Excel and SQL; when the bank launched a project around data transformation, I joined the data team and deployed Alteryx and Tableau. After a few years, I wanted to discover other industries and became a Consultant at The Information Lab in France.

At the Information Lab, I do both consulting and training. I train customers on different topics, and sometimes we do training for students in universities too. We also do a bit of strategic consulting for customers about how to deploy Alteryx and make it as efficient as possible.

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know?

I live in the north of France, which does not have the best weather (quite rainy, to be honest), but I am passionate about barbecues and love outdoor cooking despite the bad weather :)

My favorite thing I have cooked on the BBQ is octopus. It’s kind of surprising, but it is really lovely and a fun, simple recipe to cook.

MeganDibble_5-1667929860780.png MeganDibble_6-1667929875646.png

What is your favorite Alteryx tool, and why?

My favorite tool is ... the formula tool. You can do so many things with a simple formula, from a regular calculation to a regular expression (see the pattern here?), spatial on the way, literally anything!

What has been your favorite Alteryx project?

It's more of a kind of project, but when I get to help a user who has a messy project and does not have any optimization in the process, and by the end of the first day or days, you divide the run time by two or even make it easier to understand—in other terms, every project linked to optimization.

What is your favorite Alteryx memory?

My favorite memory is when I had a user who came to me with a bunch of problems to solve, so we planned ten days of working on these. By the end of the second day, all the problems were solved, so we ended up working on other topics and exploring other possibilities!

What advice do you have for new community members?

Try the certifications: the core and advanced certifications are free, and you will learn a new thing each time!

Also, do not feel dumb about asking any questions—there are no dumb questions! The first question is the hardest to ask, but then it gets easier and easier over time.

What is your favorite way to engage as an ACE? Also, what area of the online community do you spend the most time in?

I think the French community discussion is my favorite way to engage by trying to help other users. It also depends a lot on the period; sometimes it will be blogs, other times the discussions.

MeganDibble_7-1667929910737.png

Silly question... if you were a kitchen appliance/utensil, what would you be and why?

A sharpener so that I can help people get better at what they do (assuming other people are knifes, which is .... weird).

Any other fun facts you would like to share with the community?

I’m a huge Star Wars fan! Here’s a bit of my collection:

MeganDibble_8-1667929942056.png

Ok, now finally, let’s do a quick “This or That” to get to know your Alteryx preferences!

This or That Alteryx Edition (Instagram Story) (44).png

Tune in next week for another spotlight article!

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

LOVE grilled octopus!!!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Ladarthure , that food looks amazing.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

You had me at grilled octopus 🐙 

MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@MarqueeCrew @mceleavey @mbarone I knew the octopus would get attention :) 🐙

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Why is everyone talking about the freaking octopus ;-) (it does look good tough)! Haven't you guys seen the Mandalorian helmet, it's so epic @Ladarthure (#jealous)! As epic as Andor Episode 10 haha :-)!

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Sebastiaandb you make a huge point here! 

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@Ladarthure I am a huge fan of Star wars since childhood!!!

The background score is amazing and keeps running in my memory when I hear about the film!!!