Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Thrilled for this opportunity to ADAPT

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Good Morning!

I am beginning my third week of the ADAPT program, and learning a lot. I had been trying to find ways to get my foot in the door in a professional position when I came upon Alteryx and started following the company. A few months ago, I bought a few shares for my retirement account and scoured the website for a way to learn Alteryx. Meanwhile, I lost my job due to Covid-19, which freed up my time-- at the same time ADAPT was launched. I could not believe my luck!

I just want to say thank you to everyone involved in the creation and administration of ADAPT. There are so many smart people in dead-end jobs or out of work and this is a lifeline. 

There was nobody at any point in my life telling me I could do this sort of thing (believe it or not I was pushed to become an artist (?!)) but I've slowly come to realize that it's a field for which I am ideally suited. I have a lot of catching up to do but I am determined. I have a political science degree from Rutgers and live in New Jersey, where we are still in lock down mode.

Thanks again, and I hope all of you in the ADAPT program succeed. This seems like a great community. 

StellaBon

5 REPLIES 5
OlivierLP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @StellaBon  

Thank you for your intro message. What you shared is heart warming and deeply inspiring. I am very glad the the program is offering you an opportunity to move your career in a different direction. 

Don't hesitate to ask anything technical on the Designer Discussions forum.    

Regards,
Olivier
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Welcome to the Alteryx world, @StellaBon! Glad that you "found" us and now we have the pleasure to have you as part of our amazing Community! The cliché "Everything happens for a reason" is not a joke. You are meant to be here! 

Enjoy your journey and we are here if you need anything! Don't forget that we have this Discussions board dedicated to the ADAPT Program. We would love to hear your story! 

Flávia Brancato
StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Thank you, Olivier- I wanted to be a little more open than I normally would be in case there are others like me who are starting from a non-data science background. I will definitely try to engage in the Designer Discussion forum going forward. 

Best,

Stella

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Thanks for being so welcoming! I will definitely check out that discussion board for ADAPT. Have a great day,

Stella

OlivierLP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

you too, Stella! You are in a friendly space here 🙂

Regards,
Olivier
Labels