Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #84: Map Hurricane Harvey's Storm Evolution

sknman92
8 - Asteroid

solutions attached. My first method wasn't breaking up the line into segments, but making one big line. In addition, I couldn't segment by line because one of the storm segments consisted of only one point. So for my second solution, I resorted to a batch macro.

Rob-Silk
8 - Asteroid

My solution below - ended up going down the batch macro route same as the solution in order to get a continuous line of segments and to get the same average intensity values:

Spoiler
challenge_84a_RS_screencap.PNGchallenge_84b_RS_screencap.PNG
StephanieYou
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-01-11 110526.png

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

Tricky to spot how the additional points were calculated. I liked my approach here. I used the browse tool on each spatial object and then dived into the Cell Viewer. This allowed me to see if there was a larger number of spatial points in each object:

Spoiler
Challenge 84 picture.png

Tgigs
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached

Spoiler.PNG

Kiwi_Li
8 - Asteroid

Completed!

snbandi
8 - Asteroid

My solution

aaroncpotts
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
  Challenge_84_Solution.png

I decided not to go in the direction of macros, and instead worked on formulas and joins. I opted against tiling because I was running into bugs with day 5 and day 10 or 11. Turns out that I had set Tile_SequenceNum in one branch to V_WString instead of Int64. The sequence tool will follow ABC order instead of numerical order if you do that.

H_a_n_g_C_h_e_n__x3
8 - Asteroid

Avg Different

YadTheTabLad
8 - Asteroid

image.png