Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

vickrdz
6 - Meteoroid

(Y)

hridaybikashdas
6 - Meteoroid

my attempt.

trung2403
8 - Asteroid

Similar but shorter than the sol. Enjoy!! 😄 

Spoiler
Challenge 8.png

vincent-ks_yong
5 - Atom

Hi all

Good day!

Best Regards

Vincent 

Malaysia

Anmol97
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution

brandowd
8 - Asteroid

Hi @GeneR , Like a few others I got confused on the date and initially took this as >= 1st June 2013 but only because it was mentioned in 'comment' box within the "challenge_8_start_file". I did it slightly different to the solution but like most things there's always a few different paths we can take.

I thought I'd add a bit extra just to count the actual number of meal deals that would have been sold - just for curiosity.

Spoiler
brandowd_0-1631003861093.png

NagarajVaidya
5 - Atom

I think my solution is bit long. I just completed Core designer certification in first go and was applying my learning to solve this challenge. Here are the steps I've followed - 

1. Data cleansing of Look up table. Since Join is case sensitive, I converted the columns to upper case to have uniformity across the flow.
  2. Parsed Date column in POS table to date format, Filtered records with date > 2013-06-01, converted the case to upper to make it compatible with join.
  3. Joined both these tables to fetch the type of ordered item, Replacing 'PIZZA' and 'BURGER' with 'FOOD' to satisfy the problem statement.
  4. Cross tab tool to get the count of each type of food for a ticket, Getting total ticket count in a separate data stream as 'Total Count', Filtering the cross tab output with given condition, Getting ticket id count as 'Potential Meal deal' from the true anchor of the filter.
  5. Joining the 2 data stream by position, applying percentage formula to get the output.

NagarajVaidya_1-1631022317208.png

Workflow completed in 4 seconds!

Harrylosborne
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Harrylosborne_0-1631289057706.png

Bonediggler
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Bonediggler_0-1631305765272.png

sowseelya
6 - Meteoroid