Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #428: Inspire 2024 – Grand Prix (Lap 1)

kiwiontree
6 - Meteoroid

Screenshot Solution 428.jpg

Screenshot Solution 428_02.jpg

Thanks for the challenge. I am, however, missing the detailed approach in the solutions by milliseconds. Leclerc was a little bit "slower" than Tsunoda. 😄

Tofel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 428.JPG

ScottLewis
9 - Comet

Interesting example of how building for the case is different than trying to build a robust solution.

Spoiler
There are some bad pairs in the data that represent leaving or entering the pit at the beginning or end of a race. Ideally, you'd cull them before creating pit times. Here, I just let them be and threw out the resulting negative pit times at the end because that was faster. My solution processes the three races separately because I was concerned there would be differences in the requirements. Not going back and unioning earlier is another example of skipping a step for speed. 
fmilliren
8 - Asteroid

Solved, and I also found a couple Pit-Out records without a corresponding Pit-In record.

Spoiler
Challenge_428_solution_image.jpg

Unmatched Pit-Out records.

Spoiler
Challenge_428_error_check.jpg
a640687
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
AnaKomissaroff
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

Spoiler
Challenge 428 Solved.png
nancychen
5 - Atom
Spoiler
solution.PNG
tammybrown_tds
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-06-11 152034.png
Carolyn
9 - Comet

I got there eventually but, uhh, not in under 10 minutes. As soon as I'm timing myself, I forget how to use Alteryx 😁 But I didn't look at the Hint, so I'm calling that a win

Spoiler
2024-06-11_16-18-42.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Carolyn 
Felt the same.
Image how would we feel when stood on the stage. 😁