Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #395: Bone-Chilling Horror Movies

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Done

Saqueador
challenge_395-A.PNGchallenge_395-B.PNG
balajilolla2
Asteroide
Saqueador
Solution Attached
M__K__A
Meteoro

My Solution

My solution

Saqueador
395.png
rmassambane
Bola de fogo

395!

tammybrown_tds
Asteroide

I'm probably in the minority, but I really don't like horror movies.

Saqueador
Screenshot 2023-11-06 152243.jpg
jpowellsd
Alteryx
Alteryx

This was a great challenge - and I now have a few new movie's to add to my list that I'd never heard of.  Interesting how as time goes on, the ratings decline but the revenue goes up :(

Saqueador
workflow.jpg
chart.jpg

5abarish
Meteoro

Challenge Completed! Nice fun!

LynnPätzold
Asteroide

Fun one :) 

Saqueador
Sol.PNG

michael_bartz
Átomo

I noticed that both my solution and the given solution exclude a rating datapoint for the sole film in the 1940's (The Wolf Man), since it has a null value for revenue. Is there a way to configure the Join tool as a FULL OUTER JOIN?

I also chose to express the decades as an ordinal counting up from 1AD, where 1-9 AD are Decade 1, 10-19 are Decade 2, ... 2020-2029 are decade 203. This has an advantage of being more numerical than "2020s", but has two disadvantages. First, it is liable to be misinterpreted, and second, there is a potential data skew. Since, under this system, the first decade (1AD-9AD) has only 9 years, but every subsequent decade has 10 years of data, the potential exists for the first decade to have lower gross revenue. Happily, however, IMDB does not record any motion picture revenues from the first decade AD!