Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #383: Data Parsing Delight!

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

attn: @AYXAcademy 

NOTE: There are exact duplicate records in the  'OUTPUT FILE' .  When you place a "UNIQUE all fields" you'll discover there are only 198 distinct records. 

Kind of a fun challenge. Seems a lot of people used the JASON tool. I didn't recognize it as JASON, so maybe I'll go create a second answer using it. 

As stated above, my reply didn't get 217, but then I tested the provided answer and discovered there were duplicates. Once I factored for that, the results matched. 

See spoiler/workflow for details. 

Spoiler
Solution_MT_383.jpg

myastarling
10 - Fireball

Here's my solution. I started out using a second JSON parse but it was a little easier for me not using a second JSON parse tool and simply use Regex parse instead.

JoshuaM
8 - Asteroid

Originally thought to use the XML parse tool before revising to JSON, pretty simple workflow tho

Spoiler
snap.png

Couple insights from the conditions:

CRT0 are basically given away for free and comprise the majority of items.

ZKP0 look to be mid-tier clothing price wise, look to roughly spend a grand here.

ZSPR has an evenly distributed pricing rate so should be the best condition. My guess is that these items are assorted clothing made up of different garments.

T.png

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

Always a fan of parsing exercises

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
image.png

Decent little challenge that

tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

Lots and lots of parsing!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

Maybe too many tools.

Spoiler
challenge_383.PNG
Nathan_Barton_
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-08-16 114541.png
The_Rad_Valentina
8 - Asteroid

What a fun way to see responses from all of you! We have an awesome group of people who are not shying away from this challenge. Great job on use of the Json Tool. I did not think of it initially. Now the big question is, what response would be fastest at running a solution on a big set of data. 

dougbaron
8 - Asteroid

I'm getting rusty. unsure how the final is sorted the same as the expected.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-08-17 115545.png