Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #300: Where is the party?

beatriz_alteryx06
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

Spoiler
Captura de tela desafio 300.png
lwolfie
10 - Fireball

Let's Party!

Nams
6 - Meteoroid

I'm still new at this and coming late to this exercise, so my solution is very complicated, so I'm not posting it.  But I have a question (sorry if it's been addressed - there are a lot of posts!)

In the main posted solution, Russia seems to be excluded from the output for question 1 because the holidays after 1 Jan are not called 'New Year's Day'.  Rather they're called New Year Holiday.  But it seems to me that Russia should be excluded from the output because it has six days of holidays over the New Year period.  Am I missing something?

Zongkai
8 - Asteroid

Getting ready for Core exam.

VarunSinghal
5 - Atom

My Solution

Bobbyt23
8 - Asteroid

Think I made hard work of this one! Definitely a more elegant solution out there.

MitchyMitch
8 - Asteroid

Completed the tasks and made spaghetti, efficient! Wording of the first task made for some confusion given the data set, but outputs match, so done = done. 

Spoiler
Challenge 300.png
MitchyMitch
8 - Asteroid

@Nams wrote:

I'm still new at this and coming late to this exercise, so my solution is very complicated, so I'm not posting it.  But I have a question (sorry if it's been addressed - there are a lot of posts!)

In the main posted solution, Russia seems to be excluded from the output for question 1 because the holidays after 1 Jan are not called 'New Year's Day'.  Rather they're called New Year Holiday.  But it seems to me that Russia should be excluded from the output because it has six days of holidays over the New Year period.  Am I missing something?

Came across the same issue, but given the wording of the challenge, I'd say they are wanting countries with exactly 2 days of celebration, which when filtered by that criteria, gets the same results as the expected output. 

Aravindaval
7 - Meteor

Completed

Aravindaval
7 - Meteor

Completed