Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #29: Alteryx '16 Grand Prix (Race1, L1)

SimonEvans
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 29.PNG
Anmol97
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution 

AliAgah
8 - Asteroid

Good to be back!

Spoiler
AliAgah_1-1633700434643.png

AlexvanOs
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
The base solution took me exactly 10 minutes, fixing rank to numeric another minute, extra annotation about 3 minutes. So far so good.

But finding out what field 2015 Team rank should be took me another 20 minutes... I could produce a ranking based on stats per team, but my baseball stats knowledge is WAY too limited to determine what field(s) I should base that on, wether pitcher of hitter stats prevail in a team ranking and so on.

Since it also seems to be lacking from the original solution, I chose to drop it. 

Challenge 29 solution.png

All solutions would fail if there were a Chris Young in the draft by the way, as there are 2 players with that name. One in the hitter stats, one in pitcher stats. Different teams, different ages, so clearly a different player. 

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
29.png
eliasg
7 - Meteor

challenge 29 solution attempt

PatForData
8 - Asteroid

Confused with where the 2015 Team Rank has gone? In the posted solution, it's missing.

Spoiler
PatForData_0-1635411863809.png

GabbyH
6 - Meteoroid

My solution for the above challenge. 🙂

jestinejoseph
8 - Asteroid

Took some time to solve th challenge.

jonathanwillis
8 - Asteroid

Here's my submission