Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #13: HTML Table Parsing

AcevedoYo
8 - Asteroid

Not my finest work but....... I recently learned about the XML Parsing tool so I tried applying it as much as possible here, but the brackets really tripped me up. In the end, I unfortunately still had to resort to doing some manual manipulation. The "official" solution also looks a little clunky so I feel less bad about my solution lol

Spoiler
YomaraA_0-1619538331788.png

ENix
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

ENix_0-1620241430097.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Definitely not the most elegant solution ever but it definitely works

Emil_Kos_0-1621587845768.png

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

I am going to have to go back and review how others did this as I think there has to be a better way than how I solved it.

Spoiler
I used a bunch of regex replace statements inside of a formula bar to eliminate anything outside the table, replaced tags with delimiters and then split the remaining data into rows and then columns.  I got to the solution, but I feel it is a VERY clunky way to have done it.
ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution!

Ajjay
8 - Asteroid

Soln

MichelleL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you!

Elias_Nordlinder
11 - Bolide

My solution

Spoiler
Elias_Nordlinder_0-1626154460483.png

(The difficult part was to come up with the replace function in the beginning to be able to split to rows later)

dhavaldoshi
8 - Asteroid

I went green this time! Only Regex tools 😄

Primarily to improve RegEx skills

Learnings as beginner: I learnt what unmarked groups are and could put them to use especially with parsing

Spoiler
Solution_13.PNG
ExploreMore
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2021-07-18 011244.png