Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Weekly Challenge Index & Welcome (Page 1)

Alekh
9 - Comet

New bug:

bug.PNG

EDIT: Looks like it's fixed now.

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Love the new leaderboard format! Great suggestion, @jamielaird!

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Alekh & @JoeM  - I think there is still an issue.  When I try and get attachment information for validation of completion of a challenge, page 4 returns as an error for everyone I have tried.  I have attached a simple workflow reflecting this error.  This is the same data download as on download tool #43 on your Challenge Progress Tracker V3 posted on 5/11/19 (which also returns no results for page 4).

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Bravo @jamielaird  for suggesting a new format! Means I got bumped up from double digits to 3rd place!!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Bravo indeed, @jamielaird.

Much more informative, but the top step is getting very crowded

Dan

Alekh
9 - Comet

Yeah, when downloading a user's post history (using EstherB47 in this case), there are times where it'll come up with an unexpected error. Throttling makes no difference either. Even isolating it in a new workflow with a text input of just 1 URL and download tool still doesn't work. Have no idea why it acts like that now as it was working fine in the past. It will say <title>An Unexpected Error has occurred. - Alteryx Community</title>'

download errors.png

Hannah_Lissaman
11 - Bolide

For anyone looking for a working version of @Alekh 's tracker workflow, the attached in currently fully functional. 

I've spent some time trying to troubleshoot the problem download tool, and eventually I concluded it was going to be more trouble than it was worth. The simplest answer was to remove the checks for spoiler tags or attachments, and to just assume that anyone posting in a challenge thread is posting a solution. I don't think I've ever seen someone post on a challenge if it's not to post a solution or to discuss after posting, so this seems safe. If you do eventually manage to find a proper solution to this, I'd love to know!

I've also fixed the issue caused by the new layout of the master post (the new row banding on the challenge list was causing the regex to break), and untangled and labelled the workflow in the process. For anyone who is curious about how the tracker works, hopefully this helps to demystify a little.

Alekh
9 - Comet

Good job with the fix!

I'm still puzzled as to why the download tool now fails randomly when downloading a user's post history. 

There are cases when a user posts a response without posting a solution. It is extremely rare though and probably doesn't apply to 99% of users. I just wanted to make it as accurate as possible. 

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I've been doing some experimentation with downloading an analysing the submissions for the weekly challenges over the past few weeks and the results are finally ready to start sharing!

I'll post these weekly before the next challenge is released.

WC Stats.PNG

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Here what it looks like for all of the challenges:

WC Stats.PNG