community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #98: SANTALYTICS 2017 - Part 2

Alteryx
Alteryx

This one was fun. Learned a lot about combining images and a bit more about the Layout tool.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
98. Data Analysis.PNG

I thought I was pretty good at using the reporting tools, but I'd never used the overlay tool, so thanks again @LordNeilLord for your solution which taught me a few things

98. Data Analysis 2.PNG

@TimothyManning   I'm flattered by your plagiarism 

It makes more sense to learn from the best than to not learn by not knowing how to do it  

Bypassed this challenge for a long time, because reporting tools are not really my passion ... learned a lot about some of these tools now, and they are still not my passion.

Spoiler
15-08-_2019_10-28-34.png
Alteryx Partner

Is there no end to the Tableau Trellis table-calc formula

Spoiler
Challenge 98.pngchallenge 98 out.png

This was a mostly unpleasant experience... Of note: why are tool rank 108 and 109 missing from the original periode Alteryx table?

Any feedback would be welcome regarding this broken workflow.

Spoiler
98.png

Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler
2019-09-22_15-14-24.png
Comet

I took a little different approach by first creating a text input that holds which data belongs in which column and what the vertical order of each tool is.  Then I created a white background using a paint tool to create the correct white spaces.  Then it was joining and arranging data to get to the final result.  Only looks good in HTML and is still very large, but the end result is dynamic and can handle up to 362 tools in the extended periodic chart format (yes, I remember high school chemistry, electron shell numbers, and how the periodic table is built from them).

Spoiler
Workflow 98.JPG