Another challenge done, and this was one of the tougher ones.
I did not knew Alteryx could do that, and I guess it comes down to the hardware as well, since it took 1:06 on my machine to draw everything 😃
On my way to Lhotse Face
My output is not as nice looking as the template, but I'm proud of it. I didn't realize there was a json parse tool, so I ended up using a whole lot of regex to do that instead. I also didn't use the heat plot / predictive analytics tool, and instead used a grid tool to map the points to a count using some spatial processes, which I thought was pretty neat, albeit somewhat inefficient.
First try was using R to load the ndjson file, but it was much easier to copy paste the file and change the extension to a .txt
I have the parts I need but juggling them around to arrive at the exact same solution as Joe M seems too much of a hassle. I really hope that one day reporting will be intuitive in Alteryx and will not result in broken workflows and shapes that even Tableau can no longer read.