Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #9: Analytics Ranking

S_Summers
6 - Meteoroid

Joining in with the challenges after loving the 'Weekly Challenge' session at Inspire Europe 2018 :) 

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

gmitch22
5 - Atom

... now if I could just figure out how to delete a double post.

gmitch22
5 - Atom

Used two tools: 

Sort: count (descending); First (ascending - not necessary but did it anyway)

Multi-Row Formula: "IF [Row-1:count]!=[count] THEN [Row-1:Rank]+1 ELSE [Row-1:Rank] ENDIF"

mridenour
7 - Meteor

gmitch22,

This is good. However, in many cases, clients wish to see rankings like this (example): 1,2,2,4,5,6,6,6,9,10. This formula would produce an output that looks like this (example): 1,2,2,3,4,5,5,5,6,7. Using the record ID tool, each row can be given a number (after using the sort tool), so the number of record are preserved. Something like this in the multi-field formula tool:

IF [RecordID] = 1 THEN 1
ELSEIF [Row-1:count]=[count] THEN [Row-1:Rank]
ELSE [RecordID]
ENDIF

If there are subgroups that need to be ranked, a filter can be applied to each subgroup (after being sorted), each of those given a record ID, and the results can then be unioned together, and the aforementioned formula can then be applied in the multi-field formula tool to resolve tiebreakers and preserve the number of records. Hope this helps!

Mac
7 - Meteor

My take on it...

NilsM
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge9.PNG

My solution

gmitch22
5 - Atom

Thanks!

richard_butler
6 - Meteoroid

Just seen these challenges - they seem great!

grodge13
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
1. Sorted by count
2. Used the multi row formula tool to calculate the ranks
3. Filtered where rank <= 5