community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Asteroid

I love completing a challenge and then looking at how other people used different tools to get to the same solution. While I am still learning I just try to get to the right answer, but as time goes by and data sets get bigger - getting to the right answer faster will be the challenge.

Asteroid

A fun challenge.  

Asteroid

Thanks for the Challenge! 2nd overall challenge attempt, and the first solution I was able to solve accurately start to finish without needing to google any alteryx "how-to" concepts and rely on the awesome community posts to get me to the end! 

Took a bit different approach Using the Find and Replace tool to append the "type" to the ticket orders then used formula tool to create a flag for the higher level categories vs. the multiple Joins approach in the posted solution. 

Bolide
Spoiler
Challenge 8.PNG

My solution

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Another challenge completed, bit chunkier than most probably but it does the job !!

Spoiler
Solution.PNG
Meteoroid

Attached is my solution

below is the general workflow process

challenge_8.PNG

Asteroid

👍

Asteroid

Done!

Atom