Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #65: Fulfilling Inventory Orders

brandowd
8 - Asteroid

Took me a bit longer than I expected and I'm sure there should be an easier way but I seemed to have followed the solution. I realise that it probably requires some iterative macro if you want to optimise it but I'm not that advanced (yet). Still good fun.

It's a shame that some tools (e.g. Multi-field formula, multi-row formula, Generate rows) that use formulas / expressions don't have the same intellisense as the main formula tool as would improve builds.

Spoiler
brandowd_0-1631519600850.png

pdave87
11 - Bolide

Happy beginning of the week 🙂

PFA my solution. 

Data analysis is derived via multi field tool expression, which is always a great learning. It covers statistical permutation and combination method to fulfill the orders however, the task is to fulfill only those orders that are highest in quantity. It is a brilliant exercise as this can be a very practical use case scenario.

Thanks to SMEs.

Regards,

Pratik

Original_Yodies
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Original_Yodies_0-1631678995924.png

MichelleL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Fun with MultiRow!

simon_inviso
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

Spoiler

cindyrez
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the practice with the multi row formula tool.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

🙂

Joe Lipski
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

my take 🙂 

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
65.png
DanTh
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Not quite sure I would say that two Multi-Row blocks should be "Beginner", but got there without too much trouble.
DanTh_0-1635769590841.png

4/5