Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #46: Formatting a Date from an Integer

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

went with a conditional and regex on this one

Spoiler
iif(left([date],1)='1','20','19')+REGEX_Replace(Date,'\d(\d{2})(\d{2})(\d{2})','$1-$2-$3')
Guillaume_G
8 - Asteroid

Here you go !!

Arun_KV
8 - Asteroid

Here we go...  Thanks !!

xinyoo
6 - Meteoroid

nice and simple

Rohit_G13
7 - Meteor

A very common requirement with multiple ways to get to the solution

Thanks

Rohit Govind 

jcollake
6 - Meteoroid

I tried not to over complicate things here...went with regex which seems to be the unpopular route on this one.

Spoiler
jcollake_0-1591371659275.png

wincenzo
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
wincenzo_0-1591601641793.png

Two possible solutions

Nicholas_Norton
8 - Asteroid

Solution and spoiler attached 🙂

Spoiler
I tried to use the TrimLeft function at first to remove the number, but it accidentally removed too many! I had to use the Right function instead, since all the data has the same amount of characters. I also noticed that I could have saved a step and done the DateTimeParse function within the If statement, but it made more sense for me to split them into two separate columns. Overall, it was a nice and easy challenge that took me around 20 minutes to complete. 
snaps56_0-1591733685915.pngsnaps56_1-1591733716152.png

cmv
7 - Meteor

This one was pretty easy!

Spoiler
cmv_0-1591879729666.pngToDate(ToString(ToNumber(Left([date],1))+19)+Substring([date],1,2)+"-"+Substring([date],3,2)+"-"+Right([date],2))

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Thanks!