Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #4: Date Parsing

aking
7 - Meteor

#4 complete 

-- was able to do it with only 2 regex and 1 formula tool 

zmeeker91
7 - Meteor

Really cool exercise! I'm now facinated with regular expressions and how this can be used to clean messy slightly structured data. My solution is attached.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Here is my solution. Obviously this one would be more manual as different types of formats would be added, but great challenge! Enjoying using parsing tools more and more!

Spoiler
Challenge 4.JPG
Loved using the parse to grab the different options and then converting them to dates. Probably not the most efficient or best way to do it
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

This one was tough and I am sure my solution is not very elegant, but it works. :D

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This one was fun!

Spoiler
Was able to use only one tool... and then a Select to get rid of the old date field and an Expect Equal to check my results
4.PNG
OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

I just received my license last week and I spent some time over the weekend on these challenges.  I completed 11 challenges Friday and Saturday night (hey, my wife is out of town OK!).

Here is my solution to this problem.

kbwissi
8 - Asteroid

Done!

dharini
8 - Asteroid

Brute force over elegant solution, but here is my solution

chris_ramsay_dup_425
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Please find my solution below

Thanks,

Chris

MarMu
8 - Asteroid

Fun parsing challenge. Managed to solve it with three tools and got to play with Alteryx's cool date parsing specifiers

Spoiler
challenge_4_start_file_MarMu.png