Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #387: LEGO® My Data (Part 2)

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

WC_Banner_V2.png

Hi Maveryx,

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.

This challenge comes to us from @Sebastian_Chaieb2. Thank you for your contribution, Sebastian!

lego-Image.png

This challenge is an advanced version of our previous Weekly Challenge #365. In this iteration, we will use the same datasets to generate a report; however, this time we will incorporate LEGO model images into our report!

Distinct from its predecessor, in the app you will develop for this challenge, you will incorporate a dropdown menu, enabling users to select a LEGO collection. In addition, a list box will facilitate the choice of one or multiple release years from a list.

The following is a breakdown of the tasks that lie ahead to conquer this challenge:

1. Dataset Integration and Table Creation:

Combine the datasets to construct a comprehensive table with the following columns:

• Model Number (This is the Set ID.)
  • Model Name
  • Year Released
  • Number of Parts
  • Collection Name

2. App Development:

Create a dropdown menu where the user can select a unique collection name:

• Use the Collection Name column from the table created in the prior step.
  • Use only collections with 50 or more model name entries.
  • Filter out collection names containing periods (.), commas (,), and forward slashes (/).

Design a list box feature for the user to select a single year or multiple years of release:

• Use the Year Released column from the table created in the prior step.

3. Filtering and Model Selection:

• Use the input data the app user provides to filter your table and select the Model Number(s) corresponding to the user’s selected collection name and year(s) released.

4. Automated Image Retrieval:

• Create a batch macro to obtain images for each model from the Brickset website
  • Modify the web address using this structure:

Picture1.png

• Extract page content and implement a filter to identify rows that contain https://images.brickset.com/sets/images/ alongside the [Model Number] field.
  • Extract the path to image (JPG) and Model Number (as sometimes on the page will have additional pictures attached).
  • Use a filter to take only the image link when [Model Number] = [ExtractedModelNumber].
  • Use a second Download tool and download the image as a blob. (If a JPG image gives an error that it is in the wrong blob format, then use payload parameters Content-Typ: application/png and Content-Disposition: attachment.)

Config_Image.png

5. Final Output and PDF Display:

• The final output should be displayed at the end of the app as a PDF file.

Sources:

https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/rtatman/lego-database?resource=download

https://brickset.com/search/

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution. This challenge contained many tasks.

Spoiler
Sometimes the download is strange.
Clipboard05.png

Clipboard02.png
Clipboard03.png

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

quite a lot of things to do - even posting all the images herein haha. here's my take

Spoiler
index of things
387 what to expect.png

app
Spoiler
I thought pirates were cool when I was youngerI thought pirates were cool when I was younger

workflow
Spoiler
387 workflow.png

macro
Spoiler
im never comfortable with building out hierarchies with dynamic naming like that so I cheated my ay through this hierarchy :Pim never comfortable with building out hierarchies with dynamic naming like that so I cheated my ay through this hierarchy :P

batch macro
Spoiler
387 batch.png

Spoiler
387 output pdf.png
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Fun challenge! I got rid of the duplicates that the sample answer is showing

image.png

(last image in this set isn't being converted from a blob using the blob convert tool...)
image.png

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fun challenge!

Spoiler
I could've done a batch macro, but a standard macro works fine 😊
Challenge 387 macro.PNGChallenge 387.PNG
mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Took a bit to configure it all right!

Spoiler
Workflow2_387.PNGWorkflow1_387.PNG
TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

This was a great challenge. Reminds me of some of the tougher ones from a few years ago.

Spoiler
Struggled with getting some of the images -- a number of the image URLs embedded in the downloaded data don't seem to work with BLOB convert even though they display correctly in a browser.  After a bunch of runs it seems that every page with a working image used the same format URL, so I skipped the macro and just did the download in the main workflow. I also decided against eliminating all the collections with special characters. Since we had to keep /'s and spaces anyway it was easier to just keep everything.

WC 387.png

balajilolla2
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Solution Attached
ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Nice blend of challenges

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Ended up batching the reports so its one page per product. If I wanted to spend more time on it I would have liked to bring in a no available image image to replace the null blobs with.
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
387.jpg