Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #35: Data Cleansing Practice

bam
7 - Meteor

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid

8th challenge complete. 

Spoiler
So for the first question I just used the Formula tool using TrimLeft to remove the leading zeroes in the Field1 column and display them in a new column. 
For the second question I again used Formula to remove the leading zeroes before using TexttoColumns to remove the colon and the select tool to choose the appropriate column and rename them to match the given output. 
For the third question it was just using TrimRight to remove the ID from the end of some of the entries in the ID column and display this in a new column. 
Finally it was just an If statement to add SC if there was only 6 characters and to limit the others to 8 characters

Workflow.PNGResult1.PNGResult2.PNGResult3.PNGResult4.PNG
Shelbey
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here's my solution.

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

My solution below

Keyly
7 - Meteor

My solution

LimsKragma
7 - Meteor

My solution is attached - RegEx isn't part of the Getting Started Learning Path, so my solutions don't include this Tool as I haven't learnt about it yet

JonServiceNow
7 - Meteor

Complete

Jonny
11 - Bolide

my solution

DSinnett
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A good exercise on recognizing data types (strings generally align left - check the metadata to be sure) which point you to appropriate functions.

Nvy
8 - Asteroid

Challenge 35