Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

WernerE
8 - Asteroid

Thanks

enwiegand
7 - Meteor

My solution seems much simpler than the posted solution, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something. 

I removed any "null" data from the final output, as a merchant that doesn't match doesn't seem useful for the downstream analysis if you're trying to make a correlation. However the downside of this is that it does remove the user who only visited one merchant. 

Than_Alien
8 - Asteroid

Uploaded

p-g
8 - Asteroid

Permutations and Combinations - Alteryx style

Spoiler
p-g_0-1606717623030.png
ReconBen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
ReconBen_25.JPG

bjkay30
8 - Asteroid

I tried this a couple of different ways, and I think I could have done this with fewer tools, but it gets the job done.

I also think the final layout lacks something.  I struggle to see how that final layout would help you determine what other merchants are visited by customers.  I personally think you want to see the duplicates when the order is different.  For example, if you filter merchant 1 for 7-11, you see that BevMo is a merchant that is also visited, but the only way that you see the reverse is if you search merchant 2.  If the assumption is that the customer can only visit the stores in sequential order, then the layout in this challenge makes sense, but in the real world, I don't know that you would care what order people visited particular merchants.

Spoiler
bjkay30_0-1607448307334.png

DN
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

StefanvanWyk
7 - Meteor

Good challenge,

Learned some new applications of some of the more familiar tools.

Solved.

StefanvanWyk
7 - Meteor

Interesting solution! Was good to see a different method and other tools used.

aiahwieder
8 - Asteroid

My columns appear flipped (in terms of where the nulls are located), but I think this is right . . . 🤞