Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #211: Generating Email Addresses

evapap
5 - Atom

My very first Alteryx workflow!

Not such an elegant solution  🙈

Edit: original didn't filter addresses without numbers 

Spoiler

image.png

JoePC
9 - Comet

Solution Attached

RNG
8 - Asteroid

Seema123
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
solution.JPG

 A good challenge for practicing string manipulation!!

BobHabbijam
8 - Asteroid

Hi

Did the solution without Regex, I didn't find any invalid names (without Numbers) so my totals are off. I'm happy with the solution. Lots of Formula tools 

simbert
8 - Asteroid

Nice and quick!

Spoiler
simbert_0-1599049676229.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice.

Spoiler
I first used the Text to Columns tool to split the data to rows using the comma, I then used a filter to remove the names without numbers using regex as follows:
REGEX_Match([users], ".*\d+.*")
I then gave the rows an ID and again used the Text to Columns tool to split the data to rows using the space (\s), which gave me a row per name for every user with the Record ID as the user ID.

I then paused for a coffee. It was Old Brown Java and was delicious.

Following my re-caffeination I used the multi-row formula to generate a name ID per person so if they have three names it would be 1,2,3 in order. The sum tool was then applied to determine the max name (last name) and was then joined back to the main stream. on Record ID and name ID to Max_name. The join gave me the last names, with the left giving me the other names. On the left output I then simply took the first name by using the sample tool to snaffle the first record grouped by record ID.
Then it was a simple matter of building the email address and email group, cross-tabbing into the groups I wanted and Robert's your father's brother, as they say here in old Blighty.

Workflow.PNG

results.PNG

M.

Bulien

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Another challenge in which it would be beneficial to be a proficient regex user.

That is next goal on my to dolist!🙂

Spoiler
Emil_Kos_0-1599207029831.png

Bajenola
5 - Atom

My solution:

Spoiler
Bajenola_1-1599222834835.png

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Why should you change your email password every fortnight?

Spoiler
Because it's two week.

I apologise. Here's my solution:

Spoiler
Shifty_0-1599325336596.png