Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #204: Updating Brazil

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

@Blake 's video walk-through was key to get this solved.

Highlighted

I should have called my workflow "Pra que simplificar quando se pode complicar?"  XD  Used more tools that the necessary, but got there! Saudade da terrinha!

Spoiler
Angela_M_Burks_0-1582681058174.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Thanks @mestevez, glad it was a useful resource for you! 

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Not using the lose and gain table. No joins. Pure Spatial solution.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I have a 4 square mile delta somehow on the border of Mato Grosso Do Sul, not sure how to eliminate it.

Spoiler

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

AlexBibin_0-1582769643710.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

NO need to eliminate it. In my opinion, your answer is correct. Using spatial tools to process polygons creates the correct results.  Looks like the Brazil Present is created by first using serious of joins based on "Lose and Gain Table" and then using spatial processing tools. It seems to me, that the Lose and Gain Table would be an unknown until spatial processing was complete.

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler

dombaikami_0-1582804330078.png

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Pretty proud that I was able to figure this out! I had a ton of fun learning more about spatial tools.