Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #19: Excel Record Locator

KirstyHarvey
8 - Asteroid

Still trying to get my head around Multi Row formula!!

fimler
8 - Asteroid

Started creating the Row # with the Record ID tool but quickly found that wasn't quite right.  Move to the Multi-Row and once I figured that out the rest fell in place....

AnGi
7 - Meteor

Done

jfeldkamp123
8 - Asteroid

I dropped more tools in than most 😞

Might need to tweak if the scale of files is large and flow starts to lag - this flow ran in 1.2 sec, and I could see if there were thousands it might be a good idea to switch it up.

troyeb4
8 - Asteroid

Flow below, solution attached. Good skill builder.

Spoiler

troyeb4_0-1594825122536.png

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

🙂

#Alteryxrocks
omercado05
7 - Meteor

Came to the same solution as everyone else. That said, I tried at first to use the Record ID tool and a second later knew that wasn't going to work. Still trying to get comfortable with the Multi-Row tool and I realize how powerful it really is. Appreciated the skills this challenge was trying to build up.

ehughes
9 - Comet

My solution

Spoiler
Img 19.PNG

matt_un
7 - Meteor
Spoiler

Another nice use of the tile tool. It's very useful as a grouped version of record id.

matt_un_0-1595502801127.png

Tberney
8 - Asteroid

This really should have been easy but somehow it just wasn't.

I did not bother loading the new driver, just converted the files to .xlsx. And keep an eye out for the misleading numbering in the files

Spoiler
Tberney_0-1595535185840.png