community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

Meteor

Done!

Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
Challenge_182_NW.PNG

Like others i couldn't get to the same counts but i understand the logic. 

Spoiler
Screenshot_2019-11-10 18.12.24_iuJJR4.pngScreenshot_2019-11-10 18.13.21_DVKPCm.png
Alteryx Partner

Challenge 182 is done!

Spoiler
image.png
Meteor
Spoiler
LiD_1-1574115985223.png

RegEx tool was the essential component in this workflow.

However, it seems that depending on the pattern specification, the results may be different!

While "\w+" and "\<\w+\>" result the same as the solution demonstrates, the specification "[[:alpha]]+" and "[a-zA-Z]+" will provide different results, as the digits will be excluded. The suggested solution "\<\w+\>" would potentially even recognize 0, 00, 003 etc. as word. Thus this approach may blow off the true number of total words.

It would be really interesting to know, if there's further clarification why the solution has used "\<\w+\>" rather than "[[:alpha]]+" or "[a-zA-Z]+" as pattern.

Meteoroid

I have learned something new from this case. First is a new RegularExpression '\w+' which could eliminate space, tab and all punctuations. The second one is 'Download' tool from Developer tab which is useful when I have to get dynamic data from website. Great learn!

Spoiler
2019-11-19_120126.png