community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #172: 2019 Grand Prix US - Heat 3

Meteoroid

Nebula
Nebula

Don't get to do too much spatial during normal use - so spatial challenges are always a fun change of pace.

Used the reporting tools to visualize the result.

Results.png

Spoiler

Recipe:
- Used a summarize tool to combine all into one polygon
- Then a polysplit to break into islands
- Then joined back to the original data to attach the Household details.   

I'm sure there's an easier way - gonna go back and check other people's solutions now.

FlowSolution.png

Update: 
- Never thought to use the MakeGroup like @BarnesK  & @RolandSchubert & @neilgallen - I had stayed away from the spatial match because it seemed like we'd need to iterate dozens of times but this fixes the problem
- Same solution really as @NicoleJohnson@T_Willins

BTW - not sure if anyone noticed but @patrick_digan did this in horizontal mode - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-172-2019-Grand-Prix-US-Heat-3/m-p/439273...    Is this the beginning of a new era for Digan, or perhaps just a momentary slip in focus?

Comet

All three heats completed!

Spoiler
WC Grand Prix Heat3.JPG
Alteryx Partner

Nice one

Spoiler
untitiled1.png
Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution attached.

Spoiler
Challenge 172.PNG