community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #168: Dice Game - Born to Solve

Meteor

Here is my solution - as an extra curiosity I also wanted to see which combinations of individual die scores created the 12 results for the most common score.

Spoiler
Solution 168.PNG
Highlighted
Meteor

Solution 168.

Asteroid

Had fun trying out Max/Min/Med functions, they turned out to be an easy way to get the job done with one formula (:

Spoiler
Dice Games ZH.png
Alteryx
Alteryx

Solution attached and can be seen below in image.

Spoiler
Challenge 168.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

I like these challenges where there is no trial and error; drag, drop, isequal, upload.

Meteoroid

1.PNG

Here is my solution

Asteroid

My Solution!!!

Asteroid

Another one that I had been over complicating XD

Meteoroid

A belated response, but I am new to this so looking at old WC for a bit of training.

Spoiler
WC168.GIF

I used one text-input and basically duplicated it by having multiple feeds to give all permutations of Dice1,Dice2,Dice3.  Then a simply formula to calcul "Result".  GroupBy used to count the instance of each result, and then Sort to bring the solution to the top.

Pretty basic, but the first time I found an actual use for Append Fields (which isn't needed much in my area of work).

I feel like there should be a more efficient way to find the Max,Min an Median.