Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #145: SANTALYTICS 2018 - Part 1

George_Walker
8 - Asteroid

My solution 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

A Precious Child Inc.
lminors
9 - Comet

Merry alteryxmas!

Spoiler
Solution below, using union keeping common subset to narrow data set down:
WorkflowWorkflow

I used the 'Total functional expenses' as it refers to the 'Average of Part IX line 25D' which seems to imply that field rather than just the fundraising expenses - this seems to indicate they are much less efficient than you'd expect.
ResultsResults

OliverW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey all,

I gave this some sort and thought I do it the way that I only create the average for the Efficiency for the last available 3 Fiscal Periods. I dont think its fair for an Uptodate report to build the average for longer periods back, why should an orginzation benefit in their Efficiency Rating in the end from an average that includes data from a really long time ago? So I limited the average calculation for the efficiency to max. 3 last available 3 years.

Additionally I build in a check to make sure that the criterias that were defined are looked at only for the last available fiscal period, did not check if that even occurs but generally I guess it could happen that an Organization for example grants to individuals in data from 2016 but not in 2017, or maybe even they had 98 employees in 2016 and 102 in 2017. I think its not an issue in this data set, but as I usually build stuff as much general (so to be used with new datasets later) as possible, I built that check in as well.

Lastly I have made this all dynamic, so no static, manual downloads at all, all is running dynamically and pulling the data at run time. If I were to design that for a production use case, I would probably design this as an Analytical App where the user could choose if they want to download the files newly or if they want to use the existing dataset that has been downloaded in the past.

Spoiler
So in the end, my result, looks the same I think as for many others, I just built in some extra logics if someone would run it for other states for example.

grafik.png

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Here's my selection and workflow:

Spoiler
Santalytics 1.png
Joe Lipski
AGoyal
8 - Asteroid

Thanks. An oversight from me. This default to string in formulas is annoying!

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Using an apps to choose the number of organizations to donate to, equally distributed according to a range of 4 the organization size.

Spoiler
Workflow.JPG
hollyhinson
7 - Meteor

My solution :) 

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

My top 3!

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 145 (2).JPG

dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid