community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #137: Find the Closest 'Dry' Point!

Alteryx Partner

Challenge 137 is done!

Spoiler
challenge 137 JMS solution.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

I did a map showing all data and using nearest point to see the initial dataset.

Then proceed to include the water contraint into the nearest point data, and did a new map showing all data with the correct nearest point line.

Spoiler
weekly137.GIF
Asteroid
Spoiler
 137.PNG 
Alteryx Certified Partner

Note to self: do not combine all waters using the summarize tool as it will change the outcome of downstream spatial matching!!

Spoiler
137.png
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Asteroid

Took way longer than I thought it would but it was a fun challenge!

Asteroid

My solution attached.

Asteroid

thanks

Asteroid

Very new to spatial... it's fun! 17 mins on this one, I'll consider that a success

Spoiler
challenge_137_solution_justindavis.PNG