San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Welcome to the San Francisco User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

R Error: Error in plot.new() - Model Comparison

zen_learn
5 - Atom

I have the following error while running the Model Comparison workflow (link: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Model-Comparison/56bbd3013df7da08b8fcd00a)

Note: i am using Alteryx in VirtualBox VM (Windows 10) on a Mac machine. Also, I am using Alteryx 10.6.

Please help. Thank you!

Picture0.png

Picture2.png

Picture1.png

3 REPLIES 3
zen_learn
5 - Atom

Many thanks to @DrDan (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/35). He is amazing and solved my problem.

Here is DrDan's solution:

Since my last response I found a work around for the problem, which is really something that will happen for binary classification problems. Given you are running Alteryx on a Windows  VM under OSX, you will have pretty slow I/O. The one to address this is to drag the Model Comparison macro onto the Alteryx canvas, right-click on the the macro to open it up, and then open the R Tool of the macro. When you do this you will see the R code that is used. Scroll to near the bottom of the R code, where you will find the following lines of code:

getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "lift", num_models)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "gain", num_models)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "pr", num_models)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "roc", num_models)

To this block of code, add the following:

getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "lift", num_models)

Sys.sleep(0.1)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "gain", num_models)

Sys.sleep(0.1)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "pr", num_models)

Sys.sleep(0.1)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "roc", num_models)

The call to Sys.sleep(0.1) will pause execution of the R script for a tenth of a second, which should be enough time from the prior graph to be read by Alteryx, before R attempts to send the next graph to Alteryx. After you have done this, run the macro workflow, and then save it to a new name. Use the modified macros in your workflow.

fuzzywuzzy
5 - Atom

I tried to do same thing but this doesn't work.... any suggestion. Can you share your macro ?

Capture.PNG

fuzzywuzzy
5 - Atom

It worked. Thank you so much.

Labels