Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
ljdownes
5 - Atom

Does this work on the Alteryx Server? I have a couple of solutions that create multiple files that currently have to be downloaded individually by the user on the gallery. It would be great if this tool could zip them together on the server making it easier to download all of them at once.

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ljdownes 

I made a couple of modifications to allow the tool to work in server.

Also, added the option to return the link to the generated file, so you can grab it in your workflow and present it to the user.

Also, if you run it within Designer, now it generated the link to the generated file in the result window.

Hope you can try it and works as you expect.

Cheers! 

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

If someone wonders why it doesn't work. A friend and myself noticed a "-1" as the return message. After some debugging, I was able to trigger the script manually in powershell and get the following message: 

grossal_0-1681229056135.png

in short: "File cannot be loaded because you don't have the permission to execute script, find more information here ..."

I shortly googled it and you can resolve it by opening Powershell as an administrator and sending the following command:

grossal_1-1681229143382.png

If you want to copy it - here you go:

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

Now the macro runs fine without any changes :-)