Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!
Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
marie_martin331
5 - Atom

I've downloaded this tool and it doesn't show all the files that I have access to when I try to find it within "Google Sheet Input". Specifically, I'm looking for a google sheet that I have access to and it doesn't appear in the dropdown for Google. Could you assist me here?

Thanks!

Marie

Blurryface619
5 - Atom

I'm seeing the files in my private folder but not the files in my shared folder. Is there a way to access them?

pdamani
5 - Atom

I've installed the latest version of Designer. Every time I try to connect in order to configure the tool, Alteryx freezes and crashes. Does anyone else experience this or know what could be causing this?

jbigler
5 - Atom

Hi @pdamani.  After I upgraded to Alteryx Designer 2022.1 the Google Sheets Output tool stopped working for me.  Here is how I described it to Alteryx Support:

When attempting to configure the Google Sheets Output tool, I am presented with the "Connect" button. When I click this, a medium-sized window pops up very briefly (I assume that this is an attempt to load the Google OAuth screen), but then immediately disappears.

I have Case# 00546518 open with Support which they have acknowledged, but have not really done any analysis of yet. 

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

I just received the following error: "Warning: Google Sheets Input (68): There is no Question corresponding to the specified App/Macro value "version". The App/Macro may be out of date." 

I checked and it doesn't appear the macro has been updated.

Also, the Macro is requiring me to refresh my credentials every time I open the WF. I have 17 Google sheets and it takes 30 minutes each time I open the workflow to update every connector with credentials and tokens that haven't expired. I don't have this issue with my GA data connectors...only the G Sheets.

Is there something else I need to do for the oAuth and Token to persist?

-Michelle

jbigler
5 - Atom

Hi Michelle,

I don't know if this might fix your issue, but I would suggest double-checking that you have the last version (3.0.0) of the Google Sheets Input tool.   I was having some issues which were resolved when I upgraded from 2.0.0 to 3.0.0.  You can right-click on the tool, and view the version number there.  

jbigler_0-1655920945397.png

mollynistler
5 - Atom

I've downloaded this tool numerous times. When the download finishes, I am still unable to choose Google Sheets as my file or database when I want to input data. Please advise!

NikBarter
8 - Asteroid

I can see some files, but not all the files in our Google Drive - is there a permission problem perhaps - I've unlocked all the sheets and unhidden everything, but still not showing - is there any tips?

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

Folks should be aware there is an acknowledged defect with Google Sheets v.3.0.0: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Google-Sheets-Connector-V3-0-401-Un...

Just here to share what I encountered trying to install Alteryx9Version 2022.1.1) with Google Sheets(deprecated version). It is a multi-step installation process:
1.) Install Alteryx Designer
2. Download Google Sheet Tools from Community: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Google-Sheets-Tools-deprecated/ta-p/877888 
3.) Install tools (in your downloads, double click to open Designer and an "Install" pop up window will display)