Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2018 | Buzz

Stay up-to-date, connect with peers & share your experience!

World-renowned Game Designer Announced as Guest Keynote Speaker

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Photo credit: ForbesPhoto credit: ForbesIn case you haven't visited the Inspire 2018 events page recently, I'm excited to let you know that we've announced our featured keynote speaker!

Jane McGonigal

World-renowned game designer, inventor of SuperBetter, and author

Jane McGonigal is a world-renowned creator of games designed to solve real problems and improve players' real lives. Jane currently serves as the Director of Game Research & Development for the Institute for the Future in Palo Alto, California, and has previously created games for organizations such as the World Bank, the New York Public Library, the American Heart Association, and the International Olympics Committee. Her best-known game SuperBetter has helped more than half a million players tackle health challenges like depression, anxiety and traumatic brain injury. She is the author of two New York Times bestsellers: Reality is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World and SuperBetter: The Power of a Gameful Mindset. Her classic TED talks have more than 10 million views. In fact, she is ranked the #16 all-time most favorited TED speaker, one ahead of Bill Gates'. Oprah Winfrey called her one of the 10 most inspiring women in the world. Her chief mission in life is to see a game developer win a Nobel Prize.

To help everyone get to know Jane a little better before the conference, I included some recommendations on things to check out below:

And finally, check out a more recent keynote she delivered at SXSWedu to get a taste for what's to come:

How to Think (and Learn) Like a Futurist

Register for Inspire 2018 today.  We will sell out! Don't miss this exclusive opportunity to see Super Better author, live in Anaheim.

1 REPLY 1
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

I'm currently reading her book "Reality is Broken" and it's super interesting (and as a gamer- extremely relatable) can't wait to hear what she has to say!