Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.
SOLVED

Continuing Education for Advanced Cert?

StellaBon
11 - Bolide
Hi!

I am a graduate of the ADAPT program (which was the earliest iteration of SparkED when the pandemic started.)  I also took the Udacity Predictive Analytics course using Alteryx. Because of these programs I got a 1 year contract as a data analyst at a major company. I am ever grateful! Before that I worked at a thrift store, so this has been a life-changing program for me. 🙌 I just needed someone to give me a chance and Alteryx did that.

Now I'm studying for my Alteryx Advanced Certification, however my contract has ended and with it my Alteryx license. Would I be eligible for a temporary license for continuing education? (The Advanced test requires me to have a license to do the practical portion. I also need some hands-on practice with the Weekly Challenges to get deeply familiar with the advanced tools' functionalities.)

I understand that a year license is quite a lot of money, but is there some way I could buy a portion of a license for one or two months just to get these goals accomplished? I love this product and am trying to make it the centerpiece of my skillset so I can have a job I really love doing every day. 

Thanks for any insights or direction you can offer!

StellaBon
7 REPLIES 7
LDuane
Alteryx
Alteryx

@StellaBon We are here to help you.  Yes, we will support your continued learning and would love to connect on your story.  You personify the Alteryx SparkED Education Program (formerly ADAPT).  #neverstoplearing. 

Thank you, Libby

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

@LDuane Ms. Duane, thank you for creating such a supportive atmosphere at Alteryx. When everyone in my life was a skeptic, I had this amazing Alteryx Community encouraging me every step of the way. I would be happy to share my story (as I did when I finished the ADAPT program) if it can be of any help to support the community that has been my support. Thank you!

Stella

PPPRABHU
5 - Atom

Came across this on the message board and really liked the way this has been articulated and resolved. StellaBon, Kudos to you on your Alteryx certification and your new job. Your story warmed my heart!

Libby / Alteryx team, your flexibility and step up to support the learning of your product is commendable.

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

UPDATE: I eked out a win with one day left on my learning license, and with a shockingly high mark considering my past attempts. Thank you @LDuane and Alteryx Community and admins for making this possible for me! I am officially Advanced Certified, woohoo! Anyone attempting this, don't be discouraged if you don't get it on the first couple tries, just keep studying and practicing. 

StellaBon

LDuane
Alteryx
Alteryx

#neverstoplearning and thank you for this impressive update!!  Keep us posted!

MerlynVLouis
8 - Asteroid

@StellaBon Kudos to your advanced certification. I am too heading towards the advanced level and need good practice to be capable of solving the 4 practical questions carrying heavy weightage. Can you please tell me some specific weekly challenges which helped you and are exam oriented ?

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

@MerlynVLouis  Yes, actually I keep a running list of all of my completed weekly challenges.

When I was studying for the Advanced Cert I started keeping notes to the right on what the main tools were in each, (all the Spatial ones are highlighted in gray). Others are marked as practice for RegEx, Apps etc.

ee attached doc, hope it helps! 

StellaBon