Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

add new columns in a dataset

Poncho36
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Team - I am collecting Weekly data and stored in a folder, So when I run the program it will generate a new Alteryx Database Appending the week  in a Folder where they are going to be all the weeks, but when I want to run the program with a new Column Data, Dynamic Tool do not recognize the new Data. I know that you have to determine the columns that you are going to use and also the exact order, because I noticed when you change the order this will generate but not the proper order as the beggining. Dynamic Tool only copy and paste the info without considering f they match each column. 

is there another way to do this? I need to storage data weekly and use directory to see all the data and see tendency in a graph. 

1 REPLY 1
terry10
12 - Quasar

@Poncho36 

You can bring in files with new columns as an undelimited text file, then split the fields.  See attached. This works with both the Input tool and the Dynamic input tool.

If this helps you, please mark my reply as a solution. Thanks!

nc1.PNGnc2.PNG

Labels