Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Mimic the Alteryx Designer Results search behaviour

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi all,

Does someone know and could point a direction to mimic - using SQL/programming languages/or even a more smart way with Alteryx than the one that i am using right now - this awesome behaviour that the Search of the results has?

EXAMPLE, i have a table like this:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1673879285614.png

If i search for a specific word, it filters ALL rows that have at least 1 occurrence of this word in some of the columns:

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1673879367884.png

Right now we are parsing the fields (\s) with Alteryx and populating a table inside the SQL Server, so the user can seach using the application side (a web site) with an automatic where clause being sent to the database, but i really dont feel like this is a smart way to approach the problem. Too much rows are being generated, and it doesnt feel sustainable. We also would need to build this ETL for many different tables.

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1673880523858.png

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

I'm not sure on the best way for SQL, but if it's helpful when you click the 'apply data manipulations' box it gives you a filter tool with the formula. It looks a little brute force so I'm not sure if that's what Alteryx is actually doing in the search itself. 

Luke_C_0-1674227164730.png

Luke_C_1-1674227173579.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Luke_C  this is really useful, i never clicked this button before . Thanks for sharing.

I had the feeling that doing something like this was brute force too, but maybe this is the way that Alteryx is doing and i am overcomplicating the thing.

Raj
13 - Pulsar

HI @Luke_C  thank you for sharing

Labels