General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Mimic the Alteryx Designer Results search behaviour

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi all,

Does someone know and could point a direction to mimic - using SQL/programming languages/or even a more smart way with Alteryx than the one that i am using right now - this awesome behaviour that the Search of the results has?

EXAMPLE, i have a table like this:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1673879285614.png

If i search for a specific word, it filters ALL rows that have at least 1 occurrence of this word in some of the columns:

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1673879367884.png

Right now we are parsing the fields (\s) with Alteryx and populating a table inside the SQL Server, so the user can seach using the application side (a web site) with an automatic where clause being sent to the database, but i really dont feel like this is a smart way to approach the problem. Too much rows are being generated, and it doesnt feel sustainable. We also would need to build this ETL for many different tables.

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1673880523858.png

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

I'm not sure on the best way for SQL, but if it's helpful when you click the 'apply data manipulations' box it gives you a filter tool with the formula. It looks a little brute force so I'm not sure if that's what Alteryx is actually doing in the search itself. 

Luke_C_0-1674227164730.png

Luke_C_1-1674227173579.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Luke_C  this is really useful, i never clicked this button before . Thanks for sharing.

I had the feeling that doing something like this was brute force too, but maybe this is the way that Alteryx is doing and i am overcomplicating the thing.

Raj
16 - Nebula

HI @Luke_C  thank you for sharing

Labels